Northern Sales EngineerBFPA 264
07 Aug 2019
A Northern sales engineer with excellent knowledge on hydraulic hose, stainless steel metallic assemblies, industrial hose and ancillary products. Plus an up to date contact database for the North East, Yorkshire and Scotland for companies to access.
A driven and highly recognised Sales Director and Business Leader with the capabilities to drive organisations forward, utilising expertise within strategic management, leadership, business and client partnering and delivering commercial success, enabling achievement of all company objectives. A focused individual with a wealth of experience including hydraulics industry expertise and key business wide skills who excels in transforming ideas and opportunities into profitable revenue streams that would significantly enhance any forward thinking organisation.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
• Sales management expertise
• Company leadership
• Extensive hydraulics industry experience
• Extensive customer and contract management skills
• Health and safety management expertise
• Significantly enhancing profitability
• ISO9001/2008 quality management system expertise
• Strategic leadership
• Enabling commercial success
• Commercial acumen
• Extensive quality management experience
• Industrial and stainless steel metallic hoses and ancillary products
• Marketing and CRM marketing
• High levels of self motivation
• The ability to effectively build and manage key relationships
2016 – 2018 Northern Area Sales & Technical Engineer Ehrco Limited
- My role was to focus on managing an extensive northern customer base, ensuring customers expectations were being met. Also regularly introducing new product streams and services. Worked closely with distributors and assisted with marketing and call support.
- Also introduced a number of new accounts to Ehrco, an example being: Linden Fluid Power based in Cramlington and Metallink Fluid Power Systems based in Crook.
- In this very competitive market you have to provide potential accounts with confidence in the product you are providing, exceptional pricing and excellent customer service.
- Assistance with technical expertise to our partner AFC with blue chip companies i.e. Rolls Royce, Glasgow – Langs Leather, Glasgow – Caw Ingredients, Leeming Bar – Foyles, Belfast and Confectionary by Design – Harrogate
2015 Sales Manager Parker Hose and Fittings Ltd
- Achieved a number of successes during this time including acquiring a large contract with Modus Subsea Intervention and playing a key role during a consolidation with Deep Ocean Group which involved an online cataloguing system installation
- Maintained control of a key project involving the design of a detailed company flyer, completing extensive liaison with the Middlesbrough based design team
- Built and developed highly effective customer relationships, enhancing the base to more than 200 accounts, managing all aspects including initial calls and onsite meetings
- Conducted comprehensive e-marketing, increasing product and service awareness
1982 – 2014 Director (Ferschl Group of Companies) Northern Hose and Hydraulics
- Selected for this key senior position, managing the launch of Northern Hose and Hydraulics in 1982 as well as maintaining full sales, purchasing, administration, marketing and stockholding control
- Ensured full management of Cleveland Flexible Engineering following its acquisition in 2001
- Significantly enhanced efficiency throughout Northern Hose and Cleveland Flexible Engineering through the highly effective implementation of ISO 9001/ 2000 in 2005 as well as maintaining full quality and health and safety leadership control in the capacity of Health and Safety Manager
- Remained quality focused, ensuring continual certification through comprehensive annual audit processes
- Transformed this company, achieving an annual turnover of over £1 million from a position of zero despite a challenging environment and minimal support
- Utilised expertise within the hydraulics industry to enable full daily management control as well as improved decision making and business drive
- Successfully managed parts price reviews, maintenance, marketing and CRM marketing at Ferschl Tubeform Limited following a management buyout in 2008
2003 Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC Training (PEDCAT)
2005 Quality System Awareness ISO 9001/2000 ( John W Jordan )
2005 Internal Quality Management System Auditing Training Session ( John W Jordan)
2005 Safety Management & Installation Training ( Croner – Brian Matthews )
2010 Foundation Course in Working with Hydraulic Hose and Connectors ( BFPA-Stephen Dilks)
Professional Training: 2015
Gates (UK) Limited Hydraulic Hose Training (full product training across Gates hydraulic hose assemblies and ancillary products)
- Active gym member, Table Tennis Coach and League Player, Ceramics, Cooking, Walking.
Full and clean driving licence
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST