European Technical Centre – Control and Motion Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our European Technical Centre. We are looking for an engineer with experience in setting-up and programming PLCs, industrial communication (PROFINET, EtherCAT, IO-Link, etc.), motor drivers and instrumentation. The role requires involvement in designing and setting up IIoT and Cloud solutions, Industrial serial interface, Instrumentation and Motion applications. The successful candidate will also be required to design, implement and deliver training courses and presentations to European subsidiaries as well as performing the required investigations and testing to support electronic SMC products.
Our European Technical Centre is currently expanding, providing growth opportunities for those who join. As part of our global development team led by Japan, we are focused on delivering solutions to our customers that are innovative and future proof.
- Experience with industrial communication protocols (PROFINET, Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, OPC UA and IO-Link)
- Experience of configuring and programming PLCs
- Experience of configuring and programming motor drives
- Experience with Linear, rotary and gripping electrical motion applications
- Ability to plan and manage own projects
- Experience of writing technical reports and product documentation
- To work as part of a multicultural team who deliver results by consensus
- Passport and driving licence required, as there will be some UK and European travel in the role.
- Electrical, Electronics, Software or Electromechanical Engineering degree at 2.1 level or higher
- Leadership skills
- Experience of working for a multinational company
- Experience of working with customers and suppliers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Technical training experience
- Industry 4.0 and IIoT
Benefits and package:
- Competitive annual salary dependent on skills, qualifications and experience
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- SMC rewards and benefits portal including retail discounts
- Ongoing training and development
No agencies please.
- SMC Pneumatics (UK) Limited
- Misha Katelia