European Technical Centre – Software Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our European Technical Centre. The ideal candidate will develop desktop, Android and web applications for a wide range of products used in the automation industry. It will be an opportunity to become involved with industrial communication protocols & IIoT technologies, such as EtherCAT, PROFINET, IO-Link, OPC UA & Wireless.
Additional duties will involve creating software documentation, testing software, and providing technical support to SMC European subsidiaries and customers. The role will be based within the SMC European Technical Centre as part of the Electrical team.
Our European Technical Centre is currently expanding, providing growth opportunities for those who join. As part of our global development team led by Japan, we are focused on delivering solutions to our customers that are innovative and future proof.
- 3+ years’ experience of programming in VB, C#, C++, Python or Java
- Ability to plan and manage own projects
- Experience of writing technical reports and software documentation.
- To work as part of a multicultural team who deliver results by consensus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- To be able to manage a dynamic workload and have a flexible approach to the role
- Passport and driving licence required, as there will be some UK and European travel in the role
- Software Engineering degree at 2.1 level or higher.
- Experience of writing Docker applications for factory automation
- Experience with embedded C
- Experience of Factory Automation, Cloud Computing and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
Benefits and package:
- Competitive annual salary dependent on skills, qualifications and experience
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- SMC rewards and benefits portal including retail discounts
- Ongoing training and development
No agencies please.
- SMC Pneumatics (UK) Limited
- Misha Katelia