The Company and Opportunity
Since its expansion into the UK in 1988, Pirtek has evolved to become the UK’s leading company in the provision of hydraulic solutions and on-site repairs. Specialising in hydraulic hoses, pipe fittings & couplings, they have enjoyed a continuous period of exceptional growth and are now seeking to employ a new Procurement Manager to augment the team currently working out of its Acton Headquarters in West London.
The Job Specification
The new Procurement Manager would be joining the organization at an exciting and challenging time when most competitor companies are still recovering from the Covid Pandemic. As market leader, Pirtek has an important role to play in this recovery and does so at a time when the overall built environment and engineering supply chains are affected by various strands of public policy such as Health & Safety, sustainability and environmental responsibility. The new Procurement Manager will play a key role in helping Pirtek to build upon this leadership and in meeting customer demands.
Reports to: Network Support Product Manager
Based at: Home/Acton W3 7QS
Hours: 8.00am – 5.00pm
Primary Responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the overall effectiveness of the Procurement function within the purchasing department.
- Research and source the best products and suppliers in terms of value for money, delivery schedules and quality whilst reducing procurement expenses.
- Run tenders, evaluate bids and make recommendations, based upon sound commercial and technical reasoning.
- Improve and develop relationships with new and existing suppliers whilst ensuring that quality and service are never compromised.
- Negotiate contracts and improve terms of business with suppliers whilst exploring opportunities to make business savings.
- Monitor/advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the business
- Monitor and analyse rubber, steel and oil price fluctuations.
- Prepare relevant reports and updates for management as necessary
The successful candidate will be an accomplished, professional and versatile individual with strong attributes in respect of leadership, communication, operational management, planning and delivery. He / She will lead with innovation and support the business’ goals for growth.
Technical and/or sector knowledge would be a distinct advantage as would a general STEM background with an understanding of the technical and engineering context of issues faced by Pirtek customers. This should include an understanding of the Hydraulic Hose & fittings market and the suppliers within it.
Essential Experience will include:
- Significant experience at Procurement Manager Level in an operational type business.
- Proven experience working as part of a small team.
- Extensive experience of supplier management.
- Experience of liaising with senior managers and board members.
- Excellent command of English – Written/Oral
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Qualified to degree level / Charter Institute of Procurement/ Relevant Industry Experience
No agencies please.
- Pirtek UK
- Jon Oswald