Manuli Rubber Industries, established in 1935, is a multinational corporation with two distinct organizations:
Manuli Hydraulics, focused on achieving excellence in the design, manufacture and supply of fluid conveyance solutions, components and associated equipment for high pressure hydraulics, refrigeration and oil and marine applications.
Fluiconnecto by Manuli, a leading international service organization, focused on high pressure fluid connectors, providing products and application knowledge, as well as maintenance services, to all market segments through a global network tailored to local conditions.
The Manuli’s products and services serve customers in the following end market segments:
• Off highway vehicles for Construction, open pit and underground Mining, Agricolture and Forestry.
• Industrial machinery
• Shipping and port equipment
• Rotary systems for drilling platforms
• Air conditioning systems for off-highway vehicles and mobile refrigeration
• Oil & Marine systems for off shore oil rigs, pipeline terminals, ship to shore
Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Manuli employs over 4.000 people with a global presence through 38 countries. Group revenues around 400 mio Eur
Main production facilities are located in Poland and China
POSITION: Sales Engineer REPORTING TO: Sales Manager UK & Ireland LOCATION: Home office
We are looking for 1 new Sales Engineer for the UK market to reinforce the sales team of Manuli Hydraulics UK with the scope to develop new business opportunities, to appoint new customers and increase market share.
Sales Engineer is responsible to assure sales objectives are achieved within a defined area using the sales tools and policies provided by the Company.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
– Proactive sales development to drive new opportunities
– Creates and identifies sales opportunities
– Identifies target customers based on the agreed strategy
– Develops a network of industry contacts
– Provides early visibility to projects requiring Manuli products
Provides quotation support for product sales
– Translates RFQ’s into Manuli BOM’s
– Liaises with customers to clarify technical and product questions
– Develops detailed project specific quotations
– Supports negotiations and guidance on supply agreements and terms and conditions
– Provides pricing guidance
Coordinates and supports projects
– Works closely with customers to coordinate projects
– Works with regions to coordinate projects at a local level and with regional management
– Ensures projects are conducted safely, efficiently and in a timely manner
– Ensures product line matches market requirements
– Provides guidance on new product development requirements
– Manages and maintains clients pipeline and ensures all sales administration is up to date
– External: Regular contact with customers and prospects
– Internal: Regular contact with MH UK team, customer service located in Poland, Directors and other Sales Managers
Skills and personality
– Strong sales management and demonstrated leadership skills with an “hands-on” approach
– Ability to build relationships
– Efficient and effective sales skills
– Ability to develop, formulate and implement ideas
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
– Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
– Ability to understand business drivers
– Negotiations skills
– Adaptable to establish him/herself within a new and challenging environment in a multicultural environment, able to work in matrix organization
– Ability to conduct business ethically in line with corporate requirements
– Fluent in English; any other EU languages would be a plus
Education & Experience
Engineer and/or graduated in industrial disciplines. The candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as Salesman in the field of Hydraulics components. He will have a good knowledge of the market, its participants and requirements.
The position requires 80% travel to maintain customers and prospects. The candidate may be based in Manchester / Leeds / Northern area of England. His planning may be as follow: 1 day at home office and 4 days visiting customers.
Fix salary plus EPB (Extraordinary Performance Bonus)
No agencies please.
- Manuli Hydraulics UK
- Saleem Jabbar