Fluid Power Industry Facts
- hydraulic and pneumatic systems are used in a very wide range of engineering applications to control and power movement in mobile machines such as excavators, trucks and aircraft, and in industrial applications such as in factory automation and infrastructure projects
- total sales of fluid power equipment in 2020 in the UK (including exports) fell to around £ 1 billion, due to the negative impact of the coronavirus pandemic
- the industry employs over 12,000 people
- within the fluid power market in the UK, hydraulics accounts for around 75% and pneumatics about 25%
- BFPA is the only trade association representing hydraulics and pneumatics in the UK and its members represent around 75% of the market.
Source: BFPA surveys and estimates