One of the key features of the Association is to create, develop and maintain fluid power related standards nationally, within Europe and internationally. Our technical committees play a vital role in framing worldwide best practice through the consistent development of standards.
We hold the External Secretariat for ‘MCE 18 Mechanical Engineering’ and ‘MCE 11 Fluid Seals and Their Housing’ on behalf of the British Standards Institution (BSI), the UK’s national standards body, and maintain a database of over 500 standards relating to fluid power.
Searchable Library of Fluid Power Standards
For a comprehensive, definitive, and searchable list of fluid power standards, click here.
BFPA Technical Committee Structure
Our committees are open to all members. Why not take part and harness your own expertise on behalf of the industry?
- Influence what is happening to your technology and your industry
- Ensure that Regulation is created only with input from industry experts
- Join in stimulating and intellectual debate in a non-commercial environment
- Time commitment of only two to three meetings per year
- Full administrative support provided by the BFPA
- Help give UK engineering a voice in the international arena
To find out more about becoming a committee member, please contact us.
The BFPA are a BSI distributor for all BSI standards. BFPA members benefit from a 25% discount on the purchase of any BSI standard acquired through the Association.
The BFPA Standards & Project Administrator is Nicky Quinn, who is happy to receive queries relating to standards and other technical matters. With the back up of BFPA’s extensive network of technical experts and consultants, Nicky will be able to help with most queries.
For ease of reference, please send any enquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail as possible.