Engineering Business Development ManagerBFPA262
05 Nov 2018
An accomplished and qualified Engineering Business Development Manager with extensive knowledge and experience gained in hydraulic engineering production, distributor and international customer environments. Known reputation for maximising New Business & Sales Development opportunities using a consultative sales approach and the management of long-standing profitable client relationships. An excellent communicator with proven ability to develop strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
● In depth technical knowledge of hydraulic engineering within diverse range of industry applications.
● High level awareness of UK, European and African hydraulic market areas development & opportunities.
● Currently studying for Open University BSc Computing for Business.
● City & Guilds Level 5 (HND) qualified mechanical engineer via indentured apprenticeship.
● Semi fluent German and Afrikaans languages, basic conversational French and Italian languages.
Oilgear Towler Limited Oct 2017 to date
Leeds, West Yorkshire – Manufacturers of hydraulic pumps, motors, valves and systems engineering.
Business Development Manager
● Develop the scope of supply to multiple industry sectors.
● Identify and develop targeted Sales and New Business Development opportunities.
● Initiate and propose new Product Innovation to support Business Development activity.
● Work closely with the internal sales team to ensure enquiries are professionally managed, proposals delivered efficiently and followed up to closure of sale.
● Attend relevant Trade Shows to support Sales Partners and promote profitable Business Development activity.
Independent Hydraulics March 2016 to Sept, 2017
Lincoln, Lincolnshire – Consultancy services for the hydraulic industry in the EMEA region.
Off Highway Brakes & Controls Ltd August 2015 to Feb 2016
Pershore, Worcestershire – Manufacturers of hydraulic components, controls and brake systems primarily for off-road markets
European OEM Account Manager
● Consultative selling of products and services to new and existing OEM partners within the EMEA.
● Develop standard and bespoke braking solutions for Off Highway Vehicles and other associated applications within Construction, Mining, Marine and Oil & Gas Industries.
● Project management from initial design through to commissioning.
● Introduced and implemented Lean Organisation procedures into the business.
● Demonstrated benefits of structured and targeted market segmentation for the sales process.
Parker Hannifin PLC July 2011 to Apr 2015
Hellaby, South Yorkshire.
Manufacturers of accumulator and cooling systems, servicing diverse industrial markets including construction, mining, industrial, rail, automotive, medical and food production to ISO 9001:2000 & 1SO 14001 standards.
Business Development Manager (UK, Europe & Africa)
● Lead and co-ordinate the consolidation and building of sales volumes, market share and divisional profitability of the Europe and African Hydraulics Division Annual volumes up to US$30m.
● Develop and maintain a cohesive approach to product listings & pricing, marketing, distribution, customer relationship and sales throughout the division. Partners included UK based sales processing operation.
● Increased South Africa area annual sales by 30% between 2012 & 2014 including US$300K incremental volume from one distributor within the country.
● Collaborated with Manitou Group & Poclain Hydraulics in France from 2012 – 2014 to develop an efficient hydraulic solution for their new energy saving technology, resulting in sales exceeding US$100K
● Identified opportunity, innovated a solution, delivered successful value proposition and negotiated order from Bell Equipment in Richards Bay for emergency steering/braking system.
Hydac Technology Limited 2010 to 2011
Witney, Oxfordshire – Manufacturer of hydraulic based products.
Area Sales Engineer (UK and Europe)
● Deliver agreed sales volumes, market penetration and profitability to Company objectives through retention of existing customers and obtaining new clients.
● Secured new business from steel manufacturer resulting in sole supplier contract for hydraulic oil filter units worth annually €200K
WDS Limited 2003 to 2010
Pudsey, Leeds – Manufacturer of hydraulic based products.
Business Development Engineer (UK and Europe)
● Management & development of direct OEM accounts.
● Responsible for UK & European sales via distributor network.
● Consistently exceeded monthly sales targets growing the business from £0 in 2004 to £350K in 2009
● Devised and introduced new product range and total solution strategy.
● Developed successful strategic partnerships with manufacturing sources and distribution outlets.
Commercial & Industrial Services Limited 2001 to 2003
Northampton – Distributor of hydraulic based products.
● Assisted with formation of strategies for company launch & promotion of hydraulic products.
● Conception, development and S.E.O. of Business Web Site.
Enerpac Limited 1997 to 2001
Redditch, West Midlands – Manufacturer of hydraulic based products.
● Management & development of OEM accounts. Responsibly for UK sales via distributor network.
● Produced and delivered very comprehensive product training program for distributors and end users.
● Collaborated with European CEO to establish and develop Enerpac work holding product range.
Romheld (UK) Limited 1985 to 1997
Bedford – Manufacturer of hydraulic based products.
● Management & development of OEM accounts. Responsible for UK sales via distributor network.
● Managed & developed distributor network – increased sales from £300k (1985) to £1 million (1997)
● Project manager of specialised fixture for AIRBUS A380 wing spar project including development, testing and installation of complex hydraulic clamping system for manufacture of Airbus wing assemblies at Broughton and Filton. Sales value in excess of £250K.
Fraser & Chalmers Limited 1979 to 1985
Johannesburg, South Africa – Manufacturer of Mining Equipment products.
Technical Sales Engineer (South Africa Market Area)
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
Hertford Regional College, Hertfordshire 2015
● Lean Organisation Management Techniques (Level 2)
Bedford College, Bedfordshire 2002 – 2003
● Joint Education Board – Diploma in Education Practice: ICT Skills
Engineering Council, London 1989
● Registered as Incorporated Engineer
Mander College, Bedfordshire 1985
● City & Guilds – Full Technological Certificate (NQF Level 5 – HND equivalent qualification)
Full clean driving licence & car owner
UK passport holder
Contact job seeker